DebbyVisser

Monday, March 28, 2011

Pincushion Teacup


I had this idea to alter my Grandma's teacup for some time and I finally got around to doing it. I only had 1 teacup, no saucer, no friends, just one all by itself.
I never used it and never planned too, it just sat on the ledge in my scrapbook room.

To begin I used a large styrofoam ball from the dollar store and wrapped it in the yellow polka dot material - which I found at the second hand store. I find almost all my material at second hand stores.

Next I hot glued the fabric ball into the cup, then decorated with lace and ribbon. The white lace is also from the second hand store and the daisy ribbon is from Making Memories.

I added a flower and 2 antique buttons. In the buttons I put the sewing needles, and the pins all around.

I love it and think it looks so cute by my sewing machine. :)

I hope you find some time to be creative this week!
thanks for stopping by!

1 comments:

Jo said...

this is just so totally cute Debby!

Post a Comment