DebbyVisser

Friday, March 4, 2011

Yeaaahhh its Friday!!!

You know, that really doesn't mean much to me. I don't have a job and I don't go to school.

BUT my hubby and kids do, and Fridays mean they are home and that makes me happy!
(Don't get me wrong, I love the quiet during the day when they are gone too!!)

Today I am feeling better. A few days ago I tried a new food; carrots. And well carrots are no good for me and will be added to me 'DO NOT EAT LIST'.

Carrots, a simple enjoyable raw or cooked vegetable. sigh.

So far on my DO NOT EAT LIST:
Carrots
Bananas
Broccoli
Corn
Caffeine
Tomato
Decaf Coffee - hearing some pretty bad stuff about this so going to just have herbal teas. I am not liking Green tea, but do you have suggestions of some great teas to try?
Nuts
Seeds
Skins - like beans, potato, fruit

Off to the docs today, but lunch first with a friend - yippee! Hoping doc lessens the meds again, I am tired of this big fat 'MOON FACE'!!! lol

Hoping for a great weekend!

I have been creating! I am almost done 2 different projects using Magenta products. Both will be shared a bit later, need to finish and wait for Magenta to load first on their site.

One is a great little mini album with a theme of 'Girlfriends'. One of the stamps I used looked exactly like a family members little one, so I am having her fill it with her beautiful girls and info. That will be shared at the end of the month.

The other is a page made following a sketch. The sketch and samples will be up on the Magenta blog on the 8th I beleive. Then I will share it here. I used photos from 10.5 years ago, that felt great!! Outta the sleeves and into the scrapbooks!

My friend Lisa shared some great card creations dhe did with the colour combo of grey and pink, they were so beautiful! I am really looking forward to doing some too, but I am going to do grey and yellow. That will be my next little project I think.

Do you have crafty plans this weekend?

And because I cannot leave you without a picture - but it is older, might have shared it already, sorry :)



This time will be coming soon! And I can tell you my hubby is excited about riding again!
Have a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by!
Debby

4 comments:

V said...

Hurray for fridays
for teas, I don't know if David's Tea has any shop close to you here are the BC shops link : http://www.davidstea.com/stores-bc
They are marvelous teas and just smelling them is heaven :)

Tamikko said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tamikko said...

I actually wrote you quite a lengthy note and lost all of it, unfortunately. Anyways, I used to work at Aromatica Tea and Soap which is in Minter Country Gardens. The owners are Kim and Karen and there knowledge and love of tea (and soap) is infectious :)
They have many Green Tea flavours and they would love you to try them before buying. You should give the can a wiff too because a pleasing smell will tell you if you're going to love it or not. Kim (a rather tall southern man) is almost in shop and will talk your ear off about the teas, and especially the soaps, if you get him going. If you're not sure of loose teas you can always get an infuser, a tea pot with an infuser or get tea bags.
I could not recommend them enough. I love the Green Teas, especially the Cherry Blossom, and I would also recommend the Yerba Mate. It's got a great story to it and is the best tea for you. If you need any more info I can send you some write ups on whatever you may want to know. Don't be surprised if you fall in love with Green Tea. There's so many different kinds. Also, I wonder if you may be steeping the tea for too long. Green tea gets bitter at about 4 - 5 minutes. Three is all you need, and you might want to try 2 minutes or even one until you find what tastes best for you.
I'm so happy to hear your feeling better. I love to see your work too. I especially love the little mud drops :)

Anonymous said...

Roobios is my favourite herbal tisane :)

~ Kari

Post a Comment